She Exports: Mission
Successful women in export-oriented companies make impact on the sustainable economic growth of Ukraine by developing competencies in international trade and innovative entrepreneurship.
The Ukraine’s She Exports Program, launched in 2017, going in line with the Export Strategy of Ukraine by strengthening competitiveness of women-owned businesses. She Exports Program is coordinated and realized by Export Promotion Office (EPO). The program is initiated by Nataliya Mykolska, Trade Representative of Ukraine – Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine and Maryana Kahanyak, Head of the Export Promotion Office.
The EPO coordinates and develops the She Exports Program, with the support of the technical assistance projects of the Canadian Government, including The Expert Deployment for Governance and Economic Growth (EDGE) та Canada-Ukraine Trade and Investment Support project – CUTIS.
She Exports: Key Target Audience
Women who are focused on improving performance and competitiveness, esp. in export-oreinted companies:
- Women business owners (WOBs)
- Women executives (WEs)
- Working women.
Key elements of the She Exports Program
Information: We support women’s economic empowerment in Ukraine by developing international trade competencies and innovative entrepreneurship.
Motivation: We promote Ukrainian women entrepreneurs, women exporters and women executives.
Action: We help Ukrainian women exporters be successful in opening international markets and building business networks nationally and internationally.
Ukraine is on the global map of women’s economic empowerment
Ukraine signed the Joint Declaration on Trade and Women’s Economic Empowerment on the Occasion of the WTO Ministerial Conference on December 12, 2017.
Women’s economic empowerment is at the heart of the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development which seek to eliminate extreme poverty by 2030.
Policymakers, the business community and civil society organizations are currently galvanizing support for inclusive trade policy and the ITC SheTrades initiative to connect one million women to market by 2020, using trade as a lever for women’s economic empowerment.
According to McKinsey Global Institute (MGI), advancing women’s equality could add US$ 28 trillion to global GDP by 2025, enabling economies to unlock their full potential.
What makes She Exports program special?
1. Export focus: She Exports program is coordinated by Export Promotion Office and developed in line with the Export Strategy of Ukraine.
2. The governmental support: The Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine signed the Joint Declaration on Trade and Women’s Economic Empowerment on the Occasion of the WTO Ministerial Conference on December 12, 2017 (English version). The She Exports Program is supported by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, especially Trade Representative – Deputy Minister Natalia Mykolska.
3. Professional program management: Since February 2017, She Exports has been transformed from an idea into the strategy which takes now into account best international practices, incl. the Result-Based Management for International Assistance Programming. A core team is highly experienced and dedicated with a profound professional background in program management, business and international trade.
4. Best practices: A core team of the She Exports program intensively worked with international and local experts, analyzed best practices of women’s economic empowerment initiated by international institutions.
5. A national scale: Various types of activities have been piloted in Kyiv and regions to ensure the national outreach and effective cooperation with local partners.
6. A balanced mix of global and local initiatives in trade: An innovative mix of local initiatives and global activities promoted by ITC SheTrade initiatives raised the bar of the program and its quality standards. The program goes in line with the Export Strategy of Ukraine and took into account the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development and promote nationally women’s leadership in driving economic growth and ITC She Trades principles, established by UN and WTO.
Alina Sevastyuk – email@example.com